Several months ago I wrote a post on 10 things to pray for your wife. I’m finally getting around to complete those thoughts with a list of prayer items for your husband. For the wife I followed closely to the Proverbs 31 passage, not wanting to assume I know what I wife would need. However for the husband I took liberties. Here are things I would like my wife to ask God for me.
10 Things to Pray for Your Husband
- Financial Provisions: Grant him more than enough income to provide for your family.
- Success: Give him success in all that he puts his hands to.
- Refreshment: Recharge him at home more than at work or play.
- Friendships: Help him develop friendships with other men that would encourage, validate, bless, and focus him on who God says he is.
- Our Relationship: May he see you as his helpmate and may you be his best friend, supporter, and lover (Proverbs 5:18-19).
- Love for You: Make your image the model of beauty for him. (This is a concept I got from Gary Thomas’ book, Sacred Marriage)
- Support Him: Help him to know that you believe in him, trust his decisions for the family, and are proud of what he is able to accomplish at work.
- Release Forgiveness: May both of you take every opportunity to bless each other and allow the Holy Spirit to be the one to convict of sin.
- Love for Jesus: Allow him to truly enjoy time with Jesus and look to Him for direction and life to give to the family.
- God’s Plan for Him: Open his eyes to God’s plan for his life. May the plan he was created for stir up energy and passion in him.
- The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian
- Prayer Resources
- 10 Things to Pray for Your Wife
- 10 Things to Pray for Your Marriage
If you enjoy praying for others, check out my wife's book, Creative Intercession. Yes, I'm celebrating her work, but also feel that it is incredibly beneficial to every believer.
I do not see the date on this. it came up when i was searching for prayers for my husband. thank you so much
I am glad that you have found this helpful. Marriage is such a complete blessing from God. May your marriage be a testimony to this.
What an excellent article. I will add the 10 items to my prayer agenda.
Thank you for your kind words.
I am a firm believer in the power of prayer. I am a young mother and wife undertaking a lot of new obstacles the past of couple years. I give thanks for all the blessings I have but forget to stop and remember my husband in the right ways. I truly want him to feel the good man and father that he can be. His heart is so big. He and I are both working on resolving past issues, from childhood and our marriage. Seeing these 10 ways to pray for your husband shed a lot of light on my prayers. I am still learning on honing in my prayers. With God’s grace and a strong Church family I hope to be better by God. My husband is so lost right now and I feel the power of prayer is with him. I am so thankful for this being on a website and being able to access it. Thank you!
Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment. You words are incredibly encouraging to me. God is for you and is cheering you on. Keep holding on to Him and His love for you and your husband. I pray that each day there is some encouragement from the Lord that He is listening and answering your prayers.
Pingback: 10 Things to Pray for Your Marriage - prayer coach
My husband and I have a vision plan we do every morning, we started your “Chase The Lion” yesterday. Both of us find it so helpful!!
I just wanted to say thanks for being the person God would have you to be. I also bought one for our son (turned 18 in Aug.) I’m hoping this will be a helpmate in the years ahead.
Thank you very much for sharing the tips!!!
God is faithful,for I have been praying for God to connect me with spiritual destiny connector who shall move me to the next level of spiritual maturity. I thank God for now I will apply the tips to apply to pray.Also I request Kevin pray with me for I have unfunctional marriage for seventeen years since we got married.we have been blessed with two children,currently I decided to move out and rent a house in a different town due to abusive environment for me and children. I believe God is above all problems.
Pingback: 10 Things to Pray for Your Wife - prayer coach