Kevin Shorter is from Raleigh, NC and is still a devoted fan of his alma mater, NC State. He came to Jesus in high school having attended a Christian rock concert – yes it is possible. His heart was stirred about the possibility of God wanting to have an intimate relationship with him. He arrived at the concert humored by the audacity of people who wore t-shirts that said, “Love God, Hate Sin;” he left the concert proudly wearing one to school the next day.
This personal intimacy with Jesus has been a driving force since then. Kevin is a former member of Campus Crusade for Christ serving at the University of Florida and internationally in the Middle East.
Kevin holds an MBA from Wake Forest University focusing on marketing and entrepreneurship. He approaches his relationship with God with the same focus. As you read the blog, you will see his devotion to leading himself and others into a personal relationship with Jesus.
Kevin resides in Colorado with his wife, Allison, and two daughters, Rachel and Elizabeth. They started Josiah’s Covenant to create a family and jobs for teenage orphan girls. He has authored seven books:
- Church Search
- Breaking Free
- 3,500 Prayer Quotes
- Academy of Powerful Caregivers
- Abundant Living
- Prayer Book for Common People
Kevin has worked in ministry and churches teaching church and lay leaders a variety of Biblical topics. He is available for conferences and seminars. Some of his more popular topics are:
- 7 Habits to Strengthen Your Prayer Life: The most common area of frustration in Christians’ lives is prayer. The shame believers carry regarding prayer hinders the freedom in which they can walk. This presentation goes over seven habits that will give confidence to your prayer life
- Add Power to Your Prayers: Jesus follows calming the sea by questioning the disciples’ faith. The point was Jesus is calling them to more. He has given us power and wants us to use it. Listen to this message:4870 Downloads
- The Voice of God: The book of Hebrews gives warnings about not listening to the voice of God. Don’t be like those who hardened their hearts… How does God speak today? This lesson goes through helpful guides to recognizing God speaking to you and ways to judge if it is from Him.
- The Importance of Confession: Why does God call us to confess when He already knows and has forgiven all that we have done? This talk takes a look at a hidden story from within the book of Hosea to pull out powerful truths on God’s heart for you. Listen to this message:2589 Downloads
- Life Without Shame: Shame causes you to hide from God and self. It takes on mistakes as personal identity statements. It says not that you failed, but you are a failure. God never uses shame. This series takes you through steps of identifying areas of shame and steps to remove shame off of you.
You can contact Kevin to speak at:
Are You Looking For a Statement of Faith?
I have a simple statement of faith here for those looking for what I believe.
Kevin Shorter co-founded Josiah’s Covenant, a non-profit helping teenage orphans in China. You can find Kevin on Facebook.
Comments are closed.
Just curious about your book Church Search…the link above doesn’t work…
Dear Rennie, Thank you for pointing out the link. It was leftover effects of moving blog platforms. It has been fixed now. I hope you have an amazing day.
Hi Brother Kevin
I am a Christian Grief Counselor in Niceville FL. I have worked for a Hospice here doing the same.
With Hospice I could not counsel with my faith. And that i cold not do. So………. God led me to form a ministry totally devoted to grief counseling.
My husband is a Baptist minister…so we have seen many losses and grief up close. A well as losses in our own life t
where I found grief very up close and personal.And I even doubted my own ability to make it through. God led me and I did get through…AMEN LORD.
Our home chrch is First Baptst church of Niceville FL.
We have a seperate minister which is full time free grief
Counseling..By His Grace Baptist Ministry. I have at least 20 in grief counsleing. I have written the books we use and have a few things Hospice allowed me to inculde.
I have personaly counseled 567 people since 2005 in grief. As well as those dying and the familes. I feel very humble
God called me to such a precious ministry that has blessed be beyond belief.
oh, how I have seen Gods hand in forming scars on the hearts of those loved ones left behind.
I have read from your web site and experiences. And I am praying for GOD TO CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU AND EACH LIFE YOU TOUCH. I thank God for your calling. Amen LORD
I am presently writing as God gives me the words …….
a book on grief. I am a Psycologist but I have never learned as much as from those I counsel in grief.
I am including stories hand written from those left behind
on the day their loved one died. And the stages they have gone through to get the gaping wound to form a scar on their hearts.
God bless you’
Dear Mrs. McDowell,
Thank you for your kind words. You are on the front lines of taking the Comforter to those who desperately need Him. May you grow ever aware of the deeply personal touch of Jesus through your ministry. I am glad you have enjoyed my posts. Feel free to sign up to have them emailed directly to you.
Pingback: 3 Things to Do to See God Face to Face - prayer coach