Marriage can be the most wonderful experience God ever gives you. It is where you can be fully known and yet still loved and believed in for the rest of your life. It is a place to give all of yourself to become more than you ever dreamed possible.
For most marriages this potential is often unrealized. Fear and pain creep in leading to isolation in the midst of your greatest opportunity for intimacy. God wants to help. Here are some areas to focus your prayers for your marriage. Press in; it is well worth it.
Prayer can repair even the most damaged marriage. The power of God can bring two people back into a love filled marriage.
10 Things to Pray for Your Marriage
- We willingly choose each other every day. We recommit in our hearts our covenant to each other.
- We willingly sacrifice for each other (John 15:13). We will choose to help the other succeed in becoming the person God created them to be.
- We will use our words to encourage and not tear down. Our communication will be bathed in love and free from anger. We will only speak well of each other to others (Ephesians 4:29).
- Grant us every blessing You have in store within marriage for us (Ephesians 1:3).
- We will not withhold our love from each other, whether in small every day choices or in sex. We will choose to use sex only to show our love for each other, not to force anything from our spouse (1 Corinthians 7:3-5).
- We will delight only in our spouse in words, actions, thoughts, and fantasies (James 1:13-15).
- We will be fully ourselves with each other – no hiding, masks, or shame. We will choose to fully be ourselves, so we can fully love each other as we are (Psalm 139:14).
- We will keep no records of wrongs on each other. We will choose to allow mistakes in the past to be forgiven, so we can fully love our spouse in the present (1 Corinthians 3:5).
- We will be one as in the unity between God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (Genesis 2:24 & John 17:22).
- May our love be a witness to those around us for the love of Christ (Ephesians 5:25-32).
- 10 Things to Pray For Your Wife
- 10 Things to Pray For Your Husband
- 10 Things to Pray for Your Children
- How to Powerfully Intercede for Others
If you want more information on how to gain confidence that God hears your petitions, check out Creative Intercession by my wife, Allison Shorter.
This is beautiful, Kevin. I will pray these things but my regret is that I will be praying this alone because my other half is not a Christian and does not recognise God.
It’s a sadness in my life.
However, just because he doesn’t believe, it doesn’t mean I can’t pray these things for our marriage and who knows what God may release into our lives as a result?
Praying and believing.
Thank you, Caroline. With God there is always hope.
On the cross Jesus asked God to forgive those around Him because they did not know what they were doing. I believe that anyone who doesn’t follow God must not really know what they are missing. May God open the eyes of your husband’s heart to fully see the greatness of God. May your love for him and Him make the way smooth for your husband to want to respond. May you experience every blessing God has in store for your marriage.
With God there is always hope.
Im bless with this massage, im a single lady struggling to found my rightful spouse, but with this life massage i ve b blessed and i ve nw no hw to found my spouse. I need more update on this massage so that i can teach it to all singles and married in my church.
Thank you for your kind words.
These would make nice quick reference guides if there were freebie pdf printables.
Thank you. I will keep this in mind and let you know if I put one together.
Pingback: A Marriage Blessing and Tips - prayer coach