I hope most of you are like me and married up. You know what I am talking about – you married someone that amazes you everyday. I know I am truly blessed because I could have never been as picky to get all of the things I got in a wife.
Prayer is powerful, and we often get what we pray for. Here are 10 things to pray for your wife taken from Proverbs 31. As you pray these things for your wife, look to how God answers your prayer. These are prayers He loves to answer because prayer is a way we can make our wife holy, care for her, and present her to Jesus without stain (Ephesians 5:25-29).
10 Things to Pray for Your Wife
1. Make her of noble character (v. 10).
God, help my wife’s life match the Godly principles you have impressed on her heart.
2. Bless the work of her hands (v. 12-14).
May everything that she does, be covered in Your grace and moved forward by Your Spirit. May I communicate confidence (v.11) and trust in her decisions and actions.
3. Give her compassion for the poor and needy (v. 20).
God, my wife was made for You and in Your image. May Your compassion overflow to everyone she meets.
4. Lead her into what is best for the children (v. 21).
Our children were sovereignly given to us by You. My wife and I, connected to You, have what it takes to give them the best life. Grant us this wisdom
5. Help her to love me, even when I don’t deserve it, to encourage greatness in me (v. 23).
May she love me, even when I don’t deserve it. And, may she be quick to encourage the greatness You put in me.
6. Give her confidence in You, O Lord (v. 25).
Lord, remind her that You are with her and will not leave her alone. Grant her peace trusting in Your provisions.
7. Let the words of her mouth be wisdom directly from You (v. 26).
I love my wife. May the children and I never cease speaking her praises (v. 28).
8. Put in her a healthy fear of You (v. 30) and may she experience the joy of the Lord.
God, may she have a healthy fear of You that will keep her leaning on You. May Your response to her fill her with Your joy.
9. May the work she does give You honor and give her joy (v. 31).
My wife is amazing. May everything she speaks and everything she does be out of an overflow of her relationship with You. I ask that she will hear from You the “well done, good and faithful servant.”
10. May others see Your beauty reflected in her (v. 31).
Lord, may Your connection be so evident in her that people would see Your beauty in her. I pray that I too would see her in the same light that You look at her with.
If you enjoy praying for others, check out my wife's book, Creative Intercession. Yes, I'm celebrating her work, but also feel that it is an incredibly beneficial to every believer.