For the last five years, the goal of the Prayer Coach blog has been to take some of the mystery away from prayer. God is in love with you but oftentimes we make prayer into something harder than what God intended. This blog has looked at how we view God and how He views us because we often have a different view of these from what is true.
At this time of celebration and reflection, we would love to hear from you. What have been some of your favorite posts? What would you like to hear more on? We would love to hear you comments and encouragement.
If you are relatively new to us, here are some of the favorite posts by views:
- The Importance of Seeking the Face of God – This post has some great comments from readers that go along with it, so be sure to check those out. The post reflects on how prayer is often viewed as talking to an invisible God. Is seeking the face of God even possible? Why is it important? How do we do it?
- 10 Things to Pray for Your Husband – The prayer lists have been very helpful to some. We have separate lists for wives, children, others, etc. They are not meant to be exhaustive in their content, but to spur you on to more ways you can pray. This particular post was written more in mind of how I would ask my wife to pray for me.
- 10 Things to Pray for Addiction Recovery – This other prayer list has been very popular. As someone who had been plagued with an addiction, these prayers are a lifeline to those in the midst of the struggle. You can find out more about my journey in my book, Breaking Free.
- 7 Tips to a Better Prayer Life – This post was meant to be the definitive post for our blog. It is a great resource, but maybe I should update the picture to give it something more professional to match its importance. What do you think? If you have a great idea or picture, please send it along.
Here are some of the hidden jewels of the blog. These posts don’t get the same amount of views, but they are foundational points which the whole blog is built off of:
- Lies Christians Believe – What are some of the lies Christians believe? I was surprised how many I believed about God and myself. No wonder I couldn’t fully give my all to God.
- God Works All Things For Good – This is foundational to what I believe and what is written in this blog. We need to hold onto this truth or we may be led astray.
- 5 Ways to Find God – Sometimes we are too passive with our walks with God. He calls us into a relationship with Him that is more adequately called a journey. Here are some simple things to lead you into advancing with God.
- Why Can’t I Hear God Speak? – We try to make hearing God so difficult that we create an environment where we can no longer hear God. God tries to speak to us and we attribute it to our own thoughts because they were not profound enough to have come from God.
- Do We Have Hope for the Hurting? – Following Jesus is not just for us to get to heaven, we have to have hope for people here. The world is hurting and needs hope.
A Free Gift to You
As a thank you for those that have subscribed to get each post, I will be sending out a thank you and a link to a recent message I gave on reframing our view on sin. God is not as angry with you as you may think. If you would like to get this message, sign up on the right side of the page to get the email updates. You will be sent a confirmation link to the email you provided which will also have the link to the free message. Thank you for your support and celebrating five years with us.
I’ve been trying, numerous times in the last 24+ hours, to after “downloading” this free gift of an E-book type article/s, to then OPEN what was down-loaded… yet, although all my OTHER down-loads open & are readable, ya’ll’s down-loads WON’T open up to be read… (?)
It seems that the download function will not work on cell phones. I sent you the direct link by email, but you may need to get on a computer to download the file.
Sorry for the frustration this may have caused. Thank you for letting me know of the problem.