Addictions can be very debilitating for the person and their family. This post on addiction recovery prayers is geared to give some traction in gaining help from God. The greatest thing people afflicted with addiction need is hope—hope life can be different and life can be better.
This prayer list is written for those in addiction to pray over themselves, but it can just as easily be tweaked so friends and family can support their loved ones in addiction through their prayers.
The prayers are written as statements. Speaking them over yourself brings you into agreement with how God sees you which will lead to a transformation of the mind. Pray knowing that this is God’s will and He will answer your prayers.
10 Things to Pray for Addiction Recovery
- I am forgiven and protected by God. I choose to release all those that have hurt me and bless them that I may pursue life. (more)
- My mistakes don’t define me, but are transformed by the grace of God. Therefore I release shame off of me and receive love from God and others.
- People who know the real me will never reject me because God says I am too awesome to reject.
- I have not missed God’s best for me, so I eagerly look to God for His vision of my future.
- As I reveal what’s going on inside of me, I will know true friendships and I will like myself more. Hiding leads to bondage.
- As I look to God, He will lead me into right choices and give me the strength and protection as I hold to those decisions. Every small decision will either strengthen or weaken my ability to stay in freedom; therefore I will also trust God with them.
- God loves me for who I am, and His love touches everything I experience. I will look for His love to me throughout my day.
- God will lead me to people who I can trust to believe in me. People who I can enjoy and they can enjoy me.
- Nothing can separate me from God’s love and His grace is always available for me to access.
- I can hear God’s voice because He wants to speak to me.
Additional Affirmation for Recovery
|This is a great prayer Kevin. If I was to add anything it would be that God always gives us a way out of anything,(exit ramp)& to pray that He REVEALS it to us.
- God always provides a way out of any temptation, and I will expectantly look for and walk through those doors so that I will not fall.
Like this Article? Subscribe to Our Feed!