- The degree with which we don’t know our own heart is the degree that we will be hindered in knowing God’s.
- Don’t know what to pray for others? Pray for them what you wish people would pray for you.
- Hope is essential for the Christian life. When we have lost hope, we have lost God’s perspective.
- Faith is stepping out in obedience when the outcome not guaranteed.
- Obedience out of fear is for slaves; obedience out of love is for heirs and friends.
- Don’t let anything you do for God or think about Him become greater than you love for Him and those He loves.
- Prayer should never be a source of discouragement for us.
- God doesn’t send anyone to hell. It is the only place for those who don’t want to be with Him.
- Pray as if God wants to answer your prayers.
- The abundant life is impossible without prayer.
- Truth is whatever Jesus declares true.
- Sitting at the feet of Jesus will lead you to wash the feet of others.
- Go after who you were created to be and change the world by being that person.
- Prayer without worship lacks confidence.
- Asking things of God shows a dependence on Him, a belief that He will come through for us, and a confidence that He is more than able.
- You are worthy because God says you are worthy; therefore there is no good thing that God will withhold from you.
- We are the hope of the nations, because we have been sent by Jesus.
- God hears your prayers because He loves you.
- When you believe in Jesus, you are saved. When you know He believes in you, you are transformed.
- Prayer does not change God’s will; it taps into it and enables it.
- Joy, laughter, and dreams show the world that God is with us (Ps. 126:1-2).
- Prayer is not you trying to win back God’s favor; it is you participating in the favor He has for you.
- Asking God what He wants you to pray about is the first step to a powerful prayer life.
- Prayer is acceptable in any situation.
- God doesn’t want to be unattainable; He wants intimacy.
- There is a kind of omnipresence and omnipotence in prayer. Nothing is too difficult or out of reach.
- Worship lifts us out of our fear and renews our faith in God and His goodness towards us.
- God is looking to reveal through you all the greatness He has placed in you.
- Our goal is not merely to get people saved but to fully experience all God has for them.
- Hearing God’s voice should be as natural to a believer as taking a breath.
- It is through relationships with others that we see how well our relationship with God has taken root in our lives.
- Our prayers reveal our faith (or lack of) in God’s power over our world.
- As you pursue the heart of God, you will gain His heart for you, your friends, and the world.
- Great faith is the full trust in the love and goodness of God for you.
- We can have a powerful effect on this world if we would just believe in ourselves.
- I believe we try to make hearing God so difficult that we create an environment where we can no longer hear God.
- By being thankful you are more prone to see the fulfillment of the requests you have made to God, which encourages more prayer.
- You can laugh in the face of hardships because they are really just opportunities for God to show His faithfulness to you.
- Too many have accepted “doing things” as more important than prayer. They only pray when there is nothing urgent to do.
- Poor self-esteem will transform our prayers from conversations to plea bargains.
- God doesn’t send you anywhere that He doesn’t want to go with you.
- Saul was always a praying man. Paul connected with God. Do we know the difference?
- The eyes of faith are more apted to see God’s answers to prayers.
- Prayer removes you from the burdens of life and resets your priorities on the eternal and real.
- The desires of your heart are those things that God placed in you to reveal what you were created to do.
- The more we don’t believe in the greatness God put in us we are sabotaging God’s plan of redemption for your area of influence.
- God lives out Philippians 4:8 when He thinks about you. That’s what you do when you are in love.
- We don’t need to twist God’s heart to show Himself; it is a natural response to our offering ourselves to Him.
- Prayer awakens your heart to the love of Christ. It reminds you that there is more to this life.
- We have the Holy Spirit to help us pray. God never intended for us to pray on our own.
– Kevin Shorter
– more quotes –
If you have enjoyed these quotes, go get over 3,500 prayer quotes on Amazon for $10.99. They are all categorized by topic for ease of study and inspiration.
“The reality of these insights into prayer
will greatly impact your walk with God.”
– An Amazon Reviewer –