Happy Children image courtesy of Mary Beth Tyson Photography
My wife and I spent a year on staff at Saint Andrew’s Episcopal Church in Gainesville, FL. We learned decades worth of experience in ministry and life through our time there through the wonderful people in the church and the leadership of the priest and his wife, Ron and Susie Kuykendall. One of the many resources we received was this list of things to pray for your children put together by Susie. We did not have children during our time at this church, but I remember how important it was to pray for our kids’ spouses early on which is a practice we do today. I believe that you will find this list extremely helpful as a guide to pray for your children.
Ten Things to Pray for Your Children
- Soften their hearts, Lord, that they might be drawn to You and towards the things that please You.
- Bring them to an early, saving knowledge of Your Son, Jesus Christ.
- Help them love people and also help them not to resent their parents’ love of people.
- Give my daughter a loving husband who will love and cherish her all the days of her life. Be with this boy as he grows. Guard him and protect him. Help him to grow into a man of God.
- Give my daughter good and kind boyfriends who will treat her well and teach her about relationships. Be with them now as they make early choices in their young lives. Help my son be a good boyfriend.
- Provide a loving wife for my son, Lord. May she love and honor him all her days. Be with her, guard her, and protect her from all harm.
- Protect my children, Lord, from the mistakes I make.
- Give them a gentle spirit.
- Protect my children from harmful people.
- Protect my children from harmful spirits.
Read more posts regarding children’s prayers from the prayer blog.