- Prayer is sitting calmly in God’s lap and placing our hands in his steering wheel. He handles the speed and ensures safe arrival.
- The first step in understanding the Bible is asking God to help us. We should read prayerfully.
- The hinges on the door to our prayer closets have grown rusty due to underuse.
- We are presumptuous not when we marvel at His grace, but when we reject it.
- No one can pray and worry at the same time.
- Open the window of prayer and invoke the presence of God in your world.
- What causes us to think of prayer as the last option rather than the first? I can think of two reasons: feelings of independence and feelings of insignificance.
- Our prayers may be awkward. Our attempts may be feeble. But since the power of prayer is in the one who hears it and not in the one who says it, our prayers do make a difference.
- Can you imagine a life with no fear? What if faith, not fear, was your default reaction to threats?
- When grace moves in… guilt moves out.
If you have enjoyed these quotes, go get over 3,500 prayer quotes on Amazon. They are all categorized by topic for ease of study and inspiration.
“The reality of these insights into prayer
will greatly impact your walk with God.”
– An Amazon Reviewer –
There is so much I can say about your books . The one that got me to keep reading your books was Traveling light . That book has keep me in strait order . I guess as a child not having a Christian home has been a hunger for me to know more about some one so great . I was aabused as a child . My Dad was always DRINKING hard drinks and He GRMBLED his little money away . We moved every 2 months so I got Married at 17 . My husband saw I had and taught me extra education to help me . We had 55 years together before The Lord took him home . I remembering told my husband I would have no children until we knew each other . The other rule I had was to keep my children in one school system because the children don’t learn moving from one school to another . My step mother would rather spank you with a broom than love you . I was the oldest of his , hers & there’s . So I learned how to change and clean up dirty messes . My Pray life is very special to me . The reason it is , I had a girl friend take me to Church with her ( my step mother sent me in a dirty dress and no shoes . The Sunday School teacher put her arms around me and said Elizabeth there is a God out there and you can’t see or hear Him but He can you . She said to me I want you to go to bed every night and talk to Him , He will take care of you . That is still my pray life because of her and I will keep that in my life as long as I live . I will be 84 in Apirl and as long as I can that is the way it’s going to be . Take care this is Love In Christ . Elizabeth Adams
Your words are very sweet and encouraging. Thank you for sharing and may God continue to be a comfort to you. I’m glad Max Lucado’s words have been so encouraging to you, but this is not his site. I hope he sees them one day and be encouraged how he ministered to you.