- It takes us long to learn that prayer is more important than organization, more powerful than armies, more influential than wealth, and mightier than all learning.
- It would revolutionize the lives of most men if they were shut in with God in some secret place for half an hour a day.
- It would seem as if the biggest thing in God’s universe is a man who prays. There is only one thing more amazing, and that is-that man, knowing this, should not pray.
- Praying solves the problems of prayer.
- Prevailing prayer makes men invincible.
- Some place must be found that shall be a trysting place with God.
- That we may pray for others is the deepest mystery and the crowning glory of prayer.
- The basis of prayer is sonship. Prayer is possible and reasonable because it is filial.
- The biggest thing God ever did for me was to teach me to pray in the Spirit.
- The contemplation of the unseen, the attempt to think ion terms of the eternal, and the honest endeavor of the soul to enter in communion with God, in themselves, redeem life from all that is fitful, fretful and futile.
- The divine pattern of each life is still to be seen in the secret place of the Most High God.
- The great souls who became mighty in prayer and rejoiced to spend three and four hours a day alone with God were once beginners.
- The one concern of the devil is to keep Christians from praying. He fears nothing from prayerless studies, prayerless work and prayerless religion. He laughs at our toil, mocks at our wisdom, but he trembles when we pray.
- The one thing above all others that bolts and bars the way into the presence chamber’s of prayer is unwillingness to forgive from the heart.
- The reason so many people do not pray is because of its cost. The cost is not so much in the sweat of agonizing supplication as in the daily fidelity to the life of prayer.
- The school of prayer has its conditions and demands. It is a forbidden place to all but those of set purpose and resolute heart.
- The secret place of prayer calls for every faculty of mind and heart.
- The soul needs its silent spaces. It is in them we learn to pray.
- The study and the oratory are allies, but the inner chamber is better to be a place apart; then prayer enlightens thinking, and thinking kindles the altar fires of the heart.
- The subject is beset with problems, but there are no problems of prayer to the man who prays!
- The value of a daily habit of withdrawal and hallowed seclusion is is beyond exaggeration.
- The wonder is not that God hears prayer, but that He is our Father. The greater wonder includes the less.
- There are many problems about prayer, but they lie outside the fact and experience of prayer, and apart from praying there is no solution to them.
- There is a marked absence of travail. There is much phrasing, but little pleading. Prayer has become a soliloquy instead of a passion. The powerlessness of the church needs no other explanation…To be prayerless is to be both passionless and powerless.
- There is much praying that avails nothing, so far as we can judge.
- There is no power like that of prevailing prayer, of Abraham pleading for Sodom, Jacob wrestling in the stillness of the night, Moses standing in the breach, Hannah intoxicated with sorrow, David heartbroken with remorse and grief, Jesus in sweat of blood. Add to this list from the records of the church your personal observation and experience, and always there is the cost of passion unto blood. Such prayer prevails. It turns ordinary mortals into men of power. It brings power. It brings fire. It brings rain. It brings life. It brings God.
- There is no way to learn to pray but by praying.
- There is nothing about which I do not pray. I go over all my life in the presence of God. All my problems are solved there.
- They who prevail in the secret place of the Most High cannot be beaten anywhere.
- To pray as God would have us pray is the greatest achievement of earth. Such a life costs. It takes time.
If you have enjoyed these quotes, go get over 3,500 prayer quotes on Amazon. They are all categorized by topic for ease of study and inspiration.
“The reality of these insights into prayer
will greatly impact your walk with God.”
– An Amazon Reviewer –