- The very act of prayer is a blessing.
- To pray is to enter the treasure-house of God and to gather riches out of an inexhaustible storehouse.
- You are before the Lord; let your words be few, but let your heart be fervent.
- As well could you expect a plant to grow without air and water as to expect your heart to grow without prayer and faith.
- You will observe that the desire to commune with God
is intensified by the failure of all other sources of consolation.
- Prayer is the best response to hatred.
- It is well said that neglected prayer is the birth-place of all evil.
- Prayer is an art which only the Spirit can teach us. He is the giver of all prayer.
- No man can progress in grace if he forsakes prayer.
- He who knows how to overcome with God in prayer has heaven and earth at his disposal.
- Prayer itself is an art which only the Holy Ghost can teach us. He is the giver of all prayer. Pray for prayer- pray till you can pray.
- If you want that splendid power in prayer, you must remain in loving, abiding union with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- A mighty piece of weaponry in the battle of prayer is God’s promise.
- Cold prayers ask for a denial!
- Groanings which cannot be uttered are often prayers which cannot be refused.
- True prayer is the trading of the heart with God.
- Sometimes when we do not receive comfort in our prayers, when we are broken and cast down, that is when we are really wrestling and prevailing in prayer.
- Prayer plumes the wings of God’s young eaglets so that they may learn to mount above the clouds. Prayer brings inner strength to God’s warriors and sends them forth to spiritual battle with their muscles firm and their armor in place.
- We know not what prayer cannot do!
- Nothing brings such leanness into a man’s soul as lack of prayer.
- Prayer is doubts destroyer, ruin’s remedy, the antidote to all anxieties.
- All good is born in prayer, and all good springs from it.
- Continue in prayer, and though the blessing tarry, it must come; in God’s own time it must appear to you.
- Whether we like it or not, asking is the rule of the kingdom.
- Anything is a blessing which makes us pray.
- I would rather teach one man to pray than ten men to preach.
- But if one neglects his closet, then all evil comes of it.
- I believe that God hears your prayers because there is a secret work of the Spirit going on within you teaching you to pray.
- True prayer is an approach of the soul by the Spirit of God to the throne of God.
- Pray until you can pray; pray to be helped to pray and do not give up praying because you cannot pray. For it is when you think you cannot pray that is when you are praying.
- Prayer can never be in excess.
- Prayer girds human weakness with divine strength, turns human folly into heavenly wisdom, and gives to troubled mortals the peace of God. We know not what prayer can do.
- Prayer is a creature’s strength, his very breathe and being.
- Prayer is not a hard requirement-it is the natural duty of a creature to its creator, the simplest homage that human need can pay to divine liberality.
- Prayer is the slender nerve that moveth the muscle of Omnipotence.
- The man who has his mouth full of arguments in prayer shall soon have his mouth full of benedictions in answer to prayer.
- The man who, despite the teaching of Scripture, tries to pray without a Savior, insults the deity.
- The ship of prayer may sail through all temptations, doubts and fears, straight up to the throne of God.
- Prayer and praise are the oars by which a man may row his boat into the deep waters of the knowledge of Christ.
- I know of no better thermometer to your spiritual temperature than this, the measure of the intensity of your prayer.
Do you want more? This Charles Spurgeon morning and evening devotional may be a really helpful resource for you!
Am blessed,thanks to You and God.
You’re welcome. Thanks for the encouragement.
What more can u say about prayer… Than this
Does this come in booklet form? I would like to give copies to each in my Sunday school class.
There is an option of a PDF download that you can distribute to your class.
Thanks for telling me all prayer can do
The Rabbi/pastor’s message included prayer and its importance. He also quoted what Charles Spurgeon had to say about prayer. I’m finding that the Lord wants me to pray more effectively, especially today with all the world’s uncertainty. Thank you for your encouragement.
May you find unspeakable joy in your journey of praying more effectively.
This is sooo true… glory to God
Pingback: Prayer for The Nations: Beseeching Grace – Priceless Someone…
May the Spirit of Prayer rest on me like never before.
Wow. thank you for putting these quotes together!
Must say l have been blessed by the Lord through the prayer life of Spurgoen, l admit l have had eyes opened up on the pricelessness of prayer. God be glorified.lndeed the memory of the righteous is blessing.