This may not be an encouraging title for a Valentine’s Day post, but unfortunately, this is a common query people use to come to the blog. Love is made to be lasting, and while your love may still be on, at times the person of your affection stops returning your love. How can we move on? Here is a prayer to remove someone form your heart.
You Were Created for Love
We were created for love, and for some, that is a wonderful encouragement. It gives you hope for a satisfying and lasting love with another. For others, the idea of love is filled with a painful mixture of a few happy moments and powerfully hurtful ones. While the other person has seemingly moved on, you are stuck with some strange connection to this person who has caused you so much pain. You only hope is the cry, “God, please remove them from my heart.”
God Wants to Speak to You
Listen to God’s prayer for you to remove someone from your heart. That person was never supposed to fill your needs for love. I am the One who created you for love so that I may be the One who would satisfy your longings. Come to Me. My arms are open to receive you. Lay your head on My chest and pour out your heart. Tears open you up for the healing. Cry for the disappointment and loss, but not for despair for I give you hope. Freedom is coming. My love is on you, with you, and for you.
How Do I Remove Someone From My Heart?
Freedom is found similarly to forgiveness. Here are some simple steps to help you find your freedom.
- Confess how you have placed too much of your heart on the other person. Confess how you have trusted them over God.
- Thank God for His forgiveness. It is already there for you. Receive it through giving thanks.
- Forgive the other person for all the pain you felt from them. Forgive yourself for giving so much of yourself to them.
- Renounce any ties that bind you to that person.
- Daily proclaim that you are free to receive love again, and you will trust God to show you appropriate places to find love.
You may need some time to reprogram your heart to realize this freedom, but the constant reminder of the proclamations will open you up to what God has given. May this Valentine’s Day be the start of your freedom to love again.
Dr. Robert D. Enright PhD has put years of study into forgiveness and his book, Forgiveness is a Choice, has simplified his findings to allow the readers to find freedom. Check it out to help remove someone from your heart.