Romans 8:31 asks us the amazing question, “if God is for us, who can be against us?” This question is a source of deep encouragement for believers. Is there any affliction or persecution that can remove our focus from the joy of the Lord? If God is for us, what else do we need?
This phrase, “if God is for us,” is very transformational as you dwell upon it. I have thought of 26 other endings to that phrase that pull out more encouragement and motivation. Dwell on these truths. If there are any that don’t feel true, meditate on them. Let the ramifications of God being for you sink deep into your soul.
If God is for us, …
- delight yourself in Him.
- who can discourage you?
- life is an exciting adventure.
- joy is never-ending.
- you don’t view yourself based on your sin.
- stepping out in faith is natural.
- His every approach to you is in love.
- He will become your focus and not what may hold you back.
- your future is bright.
- you can expect things to get better.
- doubt loses its grip on you.
- addictions can be overcome.
- you have no limitations.
- you can expect His help as you live out your destiny.
- you cannot out-dream God.
- He is not trying to make you feel bad for yourself.
- He is rooting for and enabling your success.
- good things will come your way.
- He will redeem every bad thing that has happened to you.
- He will give you the desires of your heart.
- you always have hope.
- He always wants to heal you.
- bad things are never His will for you.
- He will defend you.
- He will always receive you.
- God will hear your prayers.
Which phrases are your favorite? Do you have another ending you would suggest? Please add a comment below to share your thoughts.
Kevin Shorter is the founder of this prayer-coach site and have served for several years in ministry and churches teaching on a variety of Biblical topics. Go to the contact page to request him to speak at your conferences and seminars.