- The very act of prayer is a blessing.
- To pray is to enter the treasure-house of God and to gather riches out of an inexhaustible storehouse.
- You are before the Lord; let your words be few, but let your heart be fervent.
- As well could you expect a plant to grow without air and water
asto expect your heart to grow without prayer and faith.
- You will observe that the desire to commune with God
is intensified by the failure of all other sources of consolation.
- Prayer is the best response to hatred.
- It is well said that neglected prayer is the birth-place of all evil.
- Prayer is an art which only the Spirit can teach us. He is the giver of all prayer.
- No man can progress in grace if he forsakes prayer.
- He who knows how to overcome with God in prayer has heaven and earth at his disposal.
- Prayer itself is an art which only the Holy Ghost can teach us. He is the giver of all prayer. Pray for prayer- pray till you can pray.
- If you want that splendid power in prayer, you must remain in loving, abiding union with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- A mighty piece of weaponry in the battle of prayer is God’s promise.
- Cold prayers ask for a denial!
- Groanings which cannot be uttered are often prayers which cannot be refused.
- True prayer is the trading of the heart with God.
- Sometimes when we do not receive comfort in our prayers, when we are broken and cast down, that is when we are really wrestling and prevailing in prayer.
- Prayer plumes the wings of God’s young eaglets so that they may learn to mount above the clouds. Prayer brings inner strength to God’s warriors and sends them forth to spiritual battle with their muscles firm and their armor in place.
- We know not what prayer cannot do!
- Nothing brings such leanness into a man’s soul as lack of prayer.
is doubtsdestroyer, ruin’s remedy, the antidote to all anxieties.
- All good is born in
prayer,and all good springs from it.
- Continue in prayer, and
thoughthe blessing tarry, it must come; in God’s own time it must appear to you.
- Whether we like it or not, asking is the rule of the kingdom.
- Anything is a blessing which makes us pray.
- I would rather teach one man to pray than ten men to preach.
- But if one neglects his closet, then all evil comes of it.
- I believe that God hears your prayers because there is a secret work of the Spirit going on within you teaching you to pray.
Trueprayer is an approach of the soul by the Spirit of God to the throne of God.
- Pray until you can pray; pray to be helped to pray and do not give up praying because you cannot pray. For it is when you think you cannot pray that is when you are praying.
- Prayer can never be in excess.
- Prayer girds human weakness with divine strength, turns human folly into heavenly wisdom, and gives to troubled mortals the peace of God. We know not what prayer can do.
- Prayer is a creature’s strength, his very
- Prayer is not a hard requirement-it is the natural duty of a creature to its creator, the simplest homage that human need can pay to divine liberality.
- Prayer is the slender nerve that moveth the muscle of Omnipotence.
- The man who has his mouth full of arguments in prayer shall soon have his mouth full of benedictions in answer to prayer.
- The man who, despite the teaching of Scripture, tries to pray without a Savior, insults the deity.
- The ship of prayer may sail through all temptations, doubts
andfears, straight up to the throne of God.
- Prayer and praise are the oars by which a man may row his boat into the deep waters of the knowledge of Christ.
- I know of no better thermometer to your spiritual temperature than this, the measure of the intensity of your prayer.
Do you want more? This Charles Spurgeon morning and evening devotional may be a really helpful resource for you!