- Prayer is sitting calmly in God’s lap and placing our hands in his steering wheel. He handles the speed and ensures safe arrival.
- The first step in understanding the Bible is asking God to help us. We should read prayerfully.
- The hinges on the door to our prayer closets have grown rusty due to underuse.
- We are presumptuous not when we marvel at His grace, but when we reject it.
- No one can pray and worry at the same time.
- Open the window of prayer and invoke the presence of God in your world.
- What causes us to think of prayer as the last option rather than the first? I can think of two reasons: feelings of independence and feelings of insignificance.
- Our prayers may be awkward. Our attempts may be feeble. But since the power of prayer is in the one who hears it and not in the one who says it, our prayers do make a difference.
- Can you imagine a life with no fear? What if faith, not fear, was your default reaction to threats?
- When grace moves in… guilt moves out.
If you have enjoyed these quotes, go get over 3,500 prayer quotes on Amazon. They are all categorized by topic for ease of study and inspiration.
“The reality of these insights into prayer
will greatly impact your walk with God.”
– An Amazon Reviewer –