Several months ago I wrote a post on 10 things to pray for your wife. I’m finally getting around to complete those thoughts with a list of prayer items for your husband. For the wife I followed closely to the Proverbs 31 passage, not wanting to assume I know what I wife would need. However for the husband I took liberties. Here are things I would like my wife to ask God for me.
10 Things to Pray for Your Husband
- Grant him more than enough income to provide for your family.
- Give him success in all that he puts his hands to.
- Recharge him at home more than at work or play.
- Help him develop friendships with other men that would encourage, validate, bless, and focus him on who God says he is.
- May he see you as his helpmate and may you be his best friend, supporter, and lover (Proverbs 5:18-19).
- Make your image the model of beauty for him. (This is a concept I got from Gary Thomas’ book, Sacred Marriage)
- Help him to know that you believe in him, trust his decisions for the family, and are proud of what he is able to accomplish at work.
- May both of you take every opportunity to bless each other and allow the Holy Spirit to be the one to convict of sin.
- Allow him to truly enjoy time with Jesus and look to Him for direction and life to give to the family.
- Open his eyes to God’s plan for his life. May the plan he was created for and would stir up energy and passion in him.
- The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian
- Prayer Resources
- 10 Things to Pray for Your Wife
- 10 Things to Pray for Your Marriage