Several months ago I wrote a post on 10 things to pray for your wife. I’m finally getting around to complete those thoughts with a list of prayer items for your husband. For the wife I followed closely to the Proverbs 31 passage, not wanting to assume I know what I wife would need. However for the husband I took liberties. Here are things I would like my wife to ask God for me.
10 Things to Pray for Your Husband
- Grant him more than enough income to provide for your family.
- Give him success in all that he puts his hands to.
- Recharge him at home more than at work or play.
- Help him develop friendships with other men that would encourage, validate, bless, and focus him on who God says he is.
- May he will see you as his helpmate and may you be his best friend, supporter, and lover (Proverbs 5:18-19).
- Make your image the model of beauty for him. (This is a concept I got from Gary Thomas’ book, Sacred Marriage)
- Help him to know that you believe in him, trust his decisions for the family, and are proud of what he is able to accomplish at work.
- May both of you take every opportunity to bless each other and allow the Holy Spirit to be the one to convict of sin.
- Allow him to truly enjoy time with Jesus and look to Him for direction and life to give to the family.
- Open his eyes to God’s plan for his life. May the plan he was created for and would stir up energy and passion in him.
If you have enjoyed the Prayer Coach blog, please help support our new venture. We have moved to Asia to create a family for orphan girls. You can find out more at Josiah’s Covenant.