- [Satan] laughs at our toil, mocks at our wisdom, but trembles when we pray.
- Saul of Tarsus had been a praying man all his life, but it was not until then that he began to pray as God interprets prayer.
- It is wonderful what God can do with a broken heart, if He gets all the pieces.
- No reasoned philosophy of prayer ever taught a soul to pray.
- Nothing would turn the nation back to God so surely and so quickly as a Church that prayed and prevailed. The world will never believe in a religion in which there is no supernatural power. A rationalized faith, a socialized Church, and a moralized gospel may gain applause, but they awaken no conviction and win no converts.
- Oh, to be known at the throne.
- One of the first things He commands is that there shall be a place of prayer.
- Prayer gives vision in the secret place, intelligence in work, sense in judgment, courage in temptation, tenacity in adversity, and joyous assurance in the will of God.
- Prayer in secret is life finding expression in the realized Presence of God our Father.
- Prayer is the acid test of devotion.
- Prayers are measured neither by time nor by number, but by intensity.
- Prayers counted on a rosary are easier than the prayers of a soul poured out in unrestrained speech to God.
- A season of silence is the best preparation for speech with God.
- Communion is deeper than theology.
- God wills that men should pray everywhere, but the place of His glory is in the solitudes, where He hides us in the cleft of the rock, and talks with man face to face as a man talks with his friend.
- He manifests Himself to those who pray in secret as He cannot to those who have no inner sanctuary of the soul.
- Hurried prayers and muttered Litanies can never produce souls mighty in prayer.
- If prayer is the greatest achievement on earth, we may be sure it,will call for a discipline that corresponds to its power.
- Is there any proof that a man is a man of God like the fact that he is a man of prayer? Of Elijah it is said that he prayed in his prayer James 5: 17, A.V.
- It ought to be possible to give God one hour of twenty-four all to Himself.
- We do not pray to inform God. Neither do we pray to persuade Him, for His love needs neither to be induced nor coaxed.
- We know not what we should pray for as we ought, and if prayer waits for understanding it will never begin.
- Who can measure the influence of an hour a day spent alone with God?
- True prayer is a lonely business
- We are never really men of prayer in the best sense, until we re filled with the Holy Ghost.
If you have enjoyed these quotes, go get over 3,500 prayer quotes on Amazon. They are all categorized by topic for ease of study and inspiration.
“The reality of these insights into prayer
will greatly impact your walk with God.”
– An Amazon Reviewer –