- As we pray, we will also learn that ‘less’ is often ‘more’ as the Lord guides our steps.
- Does the Bible ever say anywhere from Genesis to Revelation, ‘My house shall be called a house of preaching’? Does it ever say, ‘My house shall be called a house of music’? Of course not. The Bible does say, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations’. Preaching, music, the reading of the Word – these things are fine; I believe in and practice all of them. But they must never override prayer as the defining mark of God’s dwelling. The honest truth is that I have seen God do more in people’s lives during ten minutes of real prayer than in ten of my sermons.
- Faith never denies reality but leaves room for God to grant a new reality.
- God gives promises so that we will pray the promise back to Him and wait and worship until He fulfills that which He has said.
- God is attracted to weakness. He can’t resist those who humbly and honestly admit how desperately they need Him.
- God performs acts of power in response to prayer that he would not otherwise do. If this is not true, then the Bible is filled with countless inaccuracies and fairy tales.
- God says to us, “Pray, because I have all kinds of things for you; and when you ask, you will receive.”
- I learned as never before that persistent calling upon the Lord breaks through every stronghold of the devil, for nothing is impossible with God. For Christians in these troubled times, there is simply no other way.
- If we prevail in prayer, God will do only what he can do.
- It may not seem obvious at first glance, but the way we make decisions in life tells a lot about the kind of faith we have in Jesus Christ.
- No matter what I preach or what we claim to believe in our heads, the future will depend upon our times of prayer.
- One thing we can’t do in prayer is have a spirit of anger or resentment or unforgiveness toward another person because the whole philosophy of prayer, the whole approach to the throne of grace, is that I’m only there, sinful as I am, I’m only there and can pray in Jesus’ name because God has been so merciful to me and to you.
- Only turning God’s house into a house of fervent prayer will reverse the power of evil so evident in the world today
- Persistent calling upon the name of the Lord breaks through every stronghold of the devil, for nothing is impossible with God.
- Prayer begets Revival, which begets more prayer.
- Prayer is the opening of the heart so we can receive all these good things that God has for us every day.
- Preaching, music, the reading of the Word–these things are fine–but they must never override prayer as the defining mark of God’s dwelling.
- The devil is not terribly frightened of our human efforts and credentials. But he knows his kingdom will be damaged when we begin to lift up our hearts to God.
- The first rule of prayer is not ‘faith,’ but whether the request is according to God’s will.
- The greatest Christian is not the one who has achieved the most but rather the one who has received the most.
- The hardest part of the prayer of faith is waiting.
- The main thing that God asks for is our attention.
- The more we pray, the more we sense our need to pray. And the more we sense a need to pray, the more we want to pray.
- The name of Jesus, the power of his blood, and the prayer of faith have never lost their power over the centuries.
- The thing about prayer that reaches God’s ear is that it comes from a sincere heart that wants to walk in the light and is looking to God in faith.
- The world has yet to see a Christlike, victorious, fruitful believer who was not a person of considerable prayer.
- Trouble is one of God’s great servants because it reminds us how much we continually need the Lord.
- We need to hear the ‘sound from Heaven’ that God is with us.
- Will we settle for the status quo, or will we reach out for what God can supernaturally do through us?
- You can have the correct theology of the Holy Spirit, but not be filled with the Holy Spirit.
If you have enjoyed these quotes, go get over 3,500 prayer quotes on Amazon. They are all categorized by topic for ease of study and inspiration.
“The reality of these insights into prayer
will greatly impact your walk with God.”
– An Amazon Reviewer –