- Any burden too small to be turned into a prayer is too small to be made into a burden.
- Don’t pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it. A man is powerful on his knees.
- Faith is like radar that sees through the fog ….the reality of things at a distance that the human eye cannot see
- Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible.
- Forgiveness breaks the chains of bitterness and the shackles of selfishness.”
- Forgiveness is the key which unlocks the door of resentment & the handcuffs of bitterness.
- Hold everything in your hands lightly, otherwise it hurts when God pries your fingers open.
- Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?
- It is not my ability, but my response to God’s ability, that counts.
- Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.
- There is no pit so deep that the love of God is not deeper still.
- To forgive is to set a prisoner free. That prisoner is you.
- What wings are to a bird, and sails to a ship, so is prayer to the soul.
- When a Christian shuns fellowship with other Christians, the devil smiles. When he stops studying the Bible, the devil laughs. When he stops praying, the devil shouts for joy.
- You may never know that JESUS is all you need, until JESUS is all you have.
If you have enjoyed these quotes, go get over 3,500 prayer quotes on Amazon. They are all categorized by topic for ease of study and inspiration.
“The reality of these insights into prayer
will greatly impact your walk with God.”
– An Amazon Reviewer –
Can you give me the citation source information for the following quote?
“Hold everything in your hands lightly, otherwise it hurts when God pries your fingers open.”
― Corrie ten Boom
Dear John, I’m not sure. I feel it comes from the Hiding Place chapter 11, but I don’t have the book so I can’t check. Hope that helps. Blessings,
Just wondering if anyone knows where the quote “Don’t pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it. A man is powerful on his knees” is found. Am in the middle of publishing a book in which this quote is used. I can find this quote all over the web, but cannot find where the quote comes from.
Thanks for any help
Everything I find points to Corrie ten Boom penning this quote. You can look for an electronic version of the Hiding Place and do a search. I feel like it comes from the beginning of the book, but I have no proof of this.