- …a man who kneels before God will stand before men.
- A man who is intimate with God will never be intimidated by men.
- At the judgement seat the most embarrassing thing the believer will face will be the smallness of his praying.
- Even so, to our knees, O Christians! Desist the folly of sprinkling today’s individual and international iniquity with theological rose water! Turn loose against this putrefaction those mighty rivers of weeping, of prayer, and of unctionized preaching until all be cleansed.
- Let the fires go out in the boiler room of the church and the place will still look smart and clean, but it will be cold. The Prayer Room is the boiler room for its spiritual life.
- Ministers who do not spend two hours a day in prayer are not worth a dime a dozen – degrees or no degrees.
- No man – I don’t care how colossal his intellect – No man is greater than his prayer life.
- Notice, we never pray for folks we gossip about, and we never gossip about the folk for whom we pray! For prayer is a great detergent.
- People are making salvation a mental decision instead of a heart decision. This is a shame.
- Prayer in its highest form is agonizing soul sweat.
- Prayer is not a preparation for the battle; it is the battle!
- Prayer is the most unexplored area of the Christian life.
- Prayerlessness is disobedience, for God’s command is that men ought always to pray and not faint. To be prayerless is to fail God, for He says, Ask of me.
- The Holy Spirit as the Spirit of Fire delivers us from coldness in prayer.
- The Holy Spirit as the Spirit of Life ends our deadness in prayer.
- The Holy Spirit as the Spirit of Might comes to our aid in our weakness as we pray.
- The Holy Spirit as the Spirit of Power helpeth our infirmity in prayer.
- The man who has gotten God’s word in the prayer closet neither seeks nor expects encouragement from men for the delivery of that word. The Spirit himself bears witness of the approval.
- The only power that God will yield to is that of prayer.
- The secret of praying is praying in secret.
- The true church lives and moves and has its being in prayer.
- There are two kinds of people: those dead to sin and those dead in sin.
- To stand before men on behalf of God is one thing. To stand before God on behalf of men is something entirely different.
- Why do we want God to come for? Is it to increase our numbers, to keep our kids from the devil, or are we jealous for God’s glory? For that is what revival is—an invasion of God by the Spirit.
- Why did Jesus come? He came that they may know You the one true God. Most Christians today don’t know God.
– Leonard Ravenhill
For more from Leonard Ravenhill on prayer, check out his book, Revival Praying: An Urgent and Powerful Message for the Family of Christ.
If you have enjoyed these quotes, go get over 3,500 prayer quotes on Amazon. They are all categorized by topic for ease of study and inspiration.
“The reality of these insights into prayer
will greatly impact your walk with God.”
– An Amazon Reviewer –