- Faith is a gift of God. Without it there would be no life. And our work, to be fruitful, and to be all for God, and to be beautiful, has to be built on faith — faith in Christ, who has said, I was hungry, I was naked, I was sick, and I was homeless, and you ministered to me. On these words of His, our work is based.
- For prayer is nothing else than being on terms of friendship with God.
- God speaks in the silence of the heart. Listening is the beginning of prayer.
- God thirst to love and be loved by you-that is how precious you are to Him.
- He wants us to be more childlike, more humble, more grateful in prayer, to remember we all belong to the mystical body of Christ, which is praying always.
- If you feel unimportant in the eyes of the world, that matters not at all. For God, there is no one any more important in the entire world than you.
- Let know one ever come to you without coming away better and happier.
- Love to pray. Feel often during the day the need for prayer, and take trouble to pray. Prayer enlarges the heart until it is capable of containing God’s gift of Himself. Ask and seek, and your heart will grow big enough to receive Him and keep Him as your own.
- May God break my heart so completely that the whole world falls in.
- May I dwell in the breath of God.
- Prayer enlarges the heart until it is capable of containing God’s gift of himself.
- Prayer is putting oneself in the hands of God, and listening to His voice in the depth of our hearts.
- Small things, done in great love, bring joy and peace.
- Souls without prayer are like people whose limbs are paralyzed; they possess but can’t control them.
- Spend one hour each day in adoration of your Lord, and never do anything you know is wrong. Follow this and you’ll be fine.
- The fruit of silence is prayer. The fruit of prayer is faith. The fruit of faith is love. The fruit of love is service. The fruit of service is peace.
- The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.
- The work we do is nothing more than a means of transforming our love for Christ into something concrete.
- There are more tears shed over answered prayers than over unanswered prayers.
- Through prayer I become one in love with Christ.
- To love, it is necessary to give. To give, it is necessary to be free from selfishness.
- We have very little, so we have nothing to be preoccupied with. The more you have the more you are occupied, the less you give. But the less you have, the more free you are.
- We need to find God, and He cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature—trees, flowers, grass—grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence… .We need silence to be able to touch souls.
- When facing God, results are not important. Faithfulness is what is important.
- You love people whom others regard as human debris. What is your secret? — Interviewer My secret is simple. I pray.
If you have enjoyed these quotes, go get over 3,500 prayer quotes on Amazon. They are all categorized by topic for ease of study and inspiration.
“The reality of these insights into prayer
will greatly impact your walk with God.”
– An Amazon Reviewer –