Earlier this year, I started a many posts on love. I felt that this would be a year of love, a year where we would be truly known as Christians because of our love. As I have thought about this, I realized we would need more and more of the Lord’s help to really love as He loves. Therefore I have pulled together 10 things to pray to increase love in your life.
- Lord, I choose to open my heart to receive more of Your love today from wherever and whomever You choose to give it to me.
- Lord, open my eyes to see when and where you give me these opportunities.
- Lord, help me to give love even when it is difficult because I believe as I give love, I will receive more love.
- Lord, show me how to love even the random people I pass each day. Allow me to find way to express Your love for them even in small ways.
- Lord, I choose to believe I am worthy of love. Help my unbelief.
- Lord, I will take time today to actively think about Your love for me. I am willing to be completely overwhelmed emotionally by the powerful force that I am loved by God.
- Lord, I am willing to feel all my emotions because You have given them to me so I may fully live.
- Lord, I know You have given me people who will love me. Help me to know who they are and be willing to open myself to them.
- Lord, I chose to forgive people who have hurt me because You said forgive and you will be forgiven and those that have been forgiven much, love much.
- Lord, what are some ways I can show love today to those that are important to me?
Kevin Shorter is the founder of this prayer-coach site and have served for several years in ministry and churches teaching on a variety of Biblical topics. Go to the contact page to request him to speak at your conferences and seminars.