Marriage can be the most wonderful experience God ever gives you. It is where you can be fully known and yet still loved and believed in for the rest of your life. It is a place to give all of yourself to become more than you ever dreamed possible.
For most marriages this potential is often unrealized. Fear and pain creep in leading to isolation in the midst of your greatest opportunity for intimacy. God wants to help. Here are some areas to focus your prayers for your marriage. Press in; it is well worth it.
10 Things to Pray for Your Marriage
- We willingly choose each other every day. We recommit in our hearts our covenant to each other.
- We willingly sacrifice for each other (John 15:13). We will choose to help the other succeed in becoming the person God created them to be.
- We will use our words to encourage and not tear down. Our communication will be bathed in love and free from anger. We will only speak well of each other to others (Ephesians 4:29).
- Grant us every blessing You have in store within marriage for us (Ephesians 1:3).
- We will not withhold our love from each other, whether in small every day choices or in sex. We will choose to use sex only to show our love for each other, not to force anything from our spouse (1 Corinthians 7:3-5).
- We will delight only in our spouse in words, actions, thoughts, and fantasies (James 1:13-15).
- We will be fully ourselves with each other – no hiding, masks, or shame. We will choose to fully be ourselves, so we can fully love each other as we are (Psalm 139:14).
- We will keep no records of wrongs on each other. We will choose to allow mistakes in the past to be forgiven, so we can fully love our spouse in the present (1 Corinthians 3:5).
- We will be one as in the unity between God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (Genesis 2:24 & John 17:22).
- May our love be a witness to those around us for the love of Christ (Ephesians 5:25-32).