As a father of two wonderful daughters, the issues of sex trade is especially devastating to me. Daughters of Cambodia has created several opportunities for girls to leave the sex trade by allowing them to see value in themselves. They give the girls job opportunities, training and education, social skills, place to live if needed, etc. I have attached a video about them below. If you are short on time, skip ahead to the 7:00 minute mark to hear the testimony of a girl rescued.
There are many ways you can get involved in the work of Daughters of Cambodia:
- Partner with them in business – buy their products wholesale or retail
- They need the assistance of business consultants overseas to help us develop small businesses
- Sponsor a girl ($70 a month to sponsor one girls’ entire salary each month)
- Pray – email them for updated prayer requests
- Partner with them financially by making a donation by PayPal (go to the bottom of page)
If you would like to receive the Daughters of Cambodia newsletter, please email them at email@example.com.
Stats Regarding the Current Sex Trade
List courtesy of Nefarious Documentary
- A child is trafficked every 30 seconds. – UNICEF
- The average age of entry into commercial sex slavery in the United States is 13 years old. – United States Department of Justice
- Human Trafficking occurs in 161 out of 192 countries. – The United Nations
- Pornography is a 96 billion dollar per year industry. – The Internet Filter Review
- Up to 96% of women in prostitution want to escape but feel they can’t. – United Labor Organization
- Human Trafficking is a 32 billion dollar per year industry. The United Nations
- In some countries it is estimated that 70% of men purchase sex. – Victor Malarek; The Johns
Kevin Shorter is the founder of this prayer-coach site and have served for several years in ministry and churches teaching on a variety of Biblical topics. Go to the contact page to request him to speak at your conferences and seminars.