Much has been in the news regarding Israel lately as eyes have turned to see President Obama’s response to renewed calls to recognize Palestine as an occupied state. As Christians we are to be concerned with what is going on in Israel and actively praying for it. Whatever our views of end-times or current political decisions, God is still in love with Israel as children of Abraham. His promise to bless those that bless them and curse those that curse them does not seemed to have been removed over time (Genesis 12:3).
Here are some things that can help you pray for Israel. Some of these may seem impossible, but remember from whom you are asking help.
1. Leadership: President – Shimon Peres, Prime Minister – Binyamin Netanyahu, and Knesset Speaker – Reuven Rivlin
- supernatural wisdom to know what to do
- protection from political and physical attacks
- honor and love for enemies
- unity with others in leadership
- protection from those seeking to destroy Israel
- end of violence from terrorist within their borders
- removal of all fear and replace it with love
3. Political Ties:
- wisdom to know who to trust
- favor from those who can give them aid
- strong ties with the U.S.
- God to bless them to such a degree that other nations may be blessed – this was the promise to Abraham
- they chose to value others in love, even those who hate them
5. Move of God:
- like Joshua: a generation of those who walk in faith, courage, and authentic relationship with God
- like Elijah: a generation of those who stand against others’ opinions to hold on to God for what is right
- like David: a generation of those who pursue the heart of God above all else
- like Solomon: a generation of those who have the wisdom to influence their world
Kevin Shorter is the founder of this prayer-coach site and have served for several years in ministry and churches teaching on a variety of Biblical topics. Go to the contact page to request him to speak at your conferences and seminars.