- If it be true that He waits to be gracious then is it not sheer insanity to make no trial of His love
- If it is a fact that I must pray, and shall pray when cornered by circumstances, then the better I pray the better for me—let me master the practice while there is leisure and time, remembering that here as elsewhere only practice makes perfect.
- Is it not true that the folk who are most oppressed by the problems of prayer are the people who have least praying experience?
- It is a totally wrong and fatal idea for one who would really pray to think of God as reluctant or unwilling to bless.
- No man realizing God’s love will begrudge time for prayer or let business or pleasure take precedence of his sacred trust with love.
- Prayer at its best is living with mind and heart utterly open to God.
- The effects of prayer may be conveniently divided into the results of prayer upon the person praying and the results of prayer upon the world.
- The greatest need of most of us regarding prayer is not the clearing up of its logical problems, but its efficient practice.
- The prayer-life of man lies rooted in his instinctive recognition of his dependence on some power or being greater than himself.
If you have enjoyed these quotes, go get over 3,500 prayer quotes on Amazon. They are all categorized by topic for ease of study and inspiration.
“The reality of these insights into prayer
will greatly impact your walk with God.”
– An Amazon Reviewer –