Posted on 18 March 2010.
– Francis Chan
- Can you worship a God who isn’t obligated to explain His actions to you?
- Sometimes I think … I just prayed … and God just LISTENED to me … and He just ANSWERED me! Is there anything more amazing, anything greater than that?!?
- When I experience the power of God, why do I do anything other than pray?
- My prayer is that the way you life your life makes zero sense to unbelievers and encourages fellow Christians to step out in faith.
- Isn’t it a comfort to worship a God we cannot exaggerate?
- Having faith often means doing what others see as crazy. Something is wrong when our lives make sense to unbelievers.
- …you have to stop loving and pursuing Christ in order to sin.
- We don’t get to decide who God is.
- The wise man comes to God without saying a word and stands in awe of Him.
- Has your relationship with God changed the way you live your life?
- Fear of God failing us leads us to “cover for God.” This means we ask, expect, and are satisfied with less.
- If we never pray audacious, courageous prayers, how can He answer them?
- The irony is that while God doesn’t need us but still wants us, we desperately need God but don’t really want Him most of the time.
- When I don’t get an answer [to prayer], I first look at my life. I look at my relationship with my wife. I check my motives.
- Everything is about my own time alone with God. Period.