- The unvarnished truth is that what we most frequently give thanks for betrays what we most highly value.
- All of us would be wiser if we would resolve never to put people down, except on our prayer lists.
- Effective prayer is the fruit of a relationship with God, not a technique for acquiring blessings.
- Good praying is more easily caught than taught.
- Prayer is God’s appointed means for appropriating the blessings that are ours in Christ Jesus.
- Prayer is not like a good recipe: simply follow a set of mechanical directions and everything turns out right in the end.
- Public prayer ought to be the overflow of one’s private praying.
- Public praying is a pedagogical opportunity.
- We cannot justify our relative prayerlessness by saying that those who are peculiarly effective are more gifted than we.
- We will not grow in prayer unless we plan to pray. – D.A. Carson
If you have enjoyed these quotes, go get over 3,500 prayer quotes on Amazon. They are all categorized by topic for ease of study and inspiration.
“The reality of these insights into prayer
will greatly impact your walk with God.”
– An Amazon Reviewer –