Posted on 28 January 2010.
- The unvarnished truth is that what we most frequently give thanks for betrays what we most highly value.
- All of us would be wiser if we would resolve never to put people down, except on our prayer lists.
- Effective prayer is the fruit of a relationship with God, not a technique for acquiring blessings.
- Good praying is more easily caught than taught.
- Prayer is God’s appointed means for appropriating the blessings that are ours in Christ Jesus.
- Prayer is not like a good recipe: simply follow a set of mechanical directions and everything turns out right in the end.
- Public prayer ought to be the overflow of one’s private praying.
- Public praying is a pedagogical opportunity.
- We cannot justify our relative prayerlessness by saying that those who are peculiarly effective are more gifted than we.
- We will not grow in prayer unless we plan to pray.
– D.A. Carson